Why Urbio will give you the urge to splurge...
- Can be used for both storage and plants. Think craft supplies, kitchen utensils, mail, magazines, glasses, keys, baby items, homework...the sky is the limit. Literally.
- Interchangeable magnetic pods attach to metal wall plates for easy removal and customization. So Urbio does it your way!
- Minimalist and modern, you will love how this magnetic storage solution looks and helps organize any room in your home or apartment.
- Grow herbs now, in the dead of winter. Yep. This is where my herbs scissors are now stored.
- Vertical gardening is hot, hot, hot. Succulents, moss, air plants. A living green wall always spiffs up your space and cheers you up.
- Comes with 4 very different sized containers to meet all your wall storage wants and needs
- Great for a home, apartment, school or church setting. Spot-on perfect for a work or home office area. College students will drool over this magnetic system.
- Use in your kitchen for tools and utensils, the den for a living green plant wall, the nursery for socks, bibs, teethers and onsies, or the entraceway for all that miscellaneous clutter.
How-to use the Urbio Big Happy Family for storage purposes...
We even painted the wall first! It comes with four very different sized containers including the Big Daddy, Shorty, String Bean and Wide Mouth container. Here's a few suggestions of what to put in each to organize and de-clutter today.
Wide Mouth -
Use for calculators, post-it notes, fish food (like us), index cards, stapler, wallet, keys, phone, chargers and other small cords, flashlights, tape measures, stamps, grocery store plastic bags and those prescription pills you want out of reach of young children!
Big Daddy -
Use for: magazines, mail, journals & notebooks, address books, school folders, craft supplies like puff balls & stickers, IPAD, watch, glasses and contacts and pet supplies! Great for your dog leash, collars, dog nail clippers and that cat laser toy that always gets lost!
Use for nail files, pencils, pens, rulers, lip balm, glue sticks, combs, baby nail clippers, baby teethers, Sharpie markers & highlighters, scissors, coupons & gift cards, hair ties, clips and scrunchies, nail polish, tweezers, seed packets, bobby pins, cotton balls, paper clips
String Bean -
Use for fire lighters, rulers, spatula's, any and all kitchen tools, or that plant with super deep roots!
Why vertical gardening?
Probably installing a humongous living green wall in your home isn't a viable option due to cost and time, but an Urbio magnetic garden? Totally doable. Living green art on a smaller scale. What could be more soothing or aesthetic than plants climbing up and down your wall? Even apartment dwellers can get a part of the action. It's art that is alive. Nothing can make your home look richer, more exotic and chic than beautiful plants cascading over your space.
Why grow plants indoors with the Big Happy Family by Urbio?
Certain plants kick it up a notch by reducing these airborne toxins, including carbon monoxide, formaldehyde and benzene from the air we breath in our homes and offices. This is important when you consider all the synthetic building components and furnishings found within a modern building emitting yucky chemicals into the air.
In fact, many household item such as carpets, drapes and stoves, contain pollutants, and lots of commonly used items like glue, detergent, grocery bags, toilet paper and facial wipes, emit toxic compounds. Plants do their part to reduce the bad side effects these toxins cause by acting as natural air purifiers.
And plants increase humidity in your home. In our heated and dry homes in winter, our space feels like a desert. Your nostrils and throat get dry, irritated, and scratchy, and we all become more susceptible to infections. Not to mention dry and itchy skin. Don't get me started. Plants help to reduce these problems by increasing humidity.
Did you know? The Environmental Protection Agency estimates that the average American spends a whopping 93 percent of their lives indoors!
How-to use the Urbio Big Happy Family for plants...
Dirt is heavy, especially soggy soil and I don't want to get the white plastic icky in case I'd want to switch it up and use it for storage again. So my favoritism is clear. I love this unit for storage! It's bright white and looks fresh and clean-cut on my wall.
If you do use it for plants, again, I highly recommend air plants, succulents or moss. With no drainage holes, you'd have to be very careful about not over watering. The above plants require just a spritz of water making them the clear easy button. You'll never be tempted to over water.
Also, indoor light is a must with either LED or metal halide track lighting. Unless you live in a warmer climate and can place this unit in a super sunny spot.
But you can see that I couldn't help sticking a few magnetic plants on the wall plates for color!
And remember: Since the wall plates are magnetic, you can stick anything with a magnet on there (duh Laura). So it's nice to use clips and clothes pins to add pics of my kids, or stick on the alphabet magnets for my 5-year-old. With Urbio, it really is one Big Happy Family cause there's room for all!
Now in the Urbio pictures, the wall plates are buttressed right up against each other. Just remember you have to snap the wall plate on a bracket and if you're too tight they won't snap on. This is why Tom did the bottom row with a little gap. We did our best and the small gap does not bother me in the least.
My advice is to add a few more containers. For my purposes, I'm thinking another wide mouth and two more shorty vessels would be perfect. It certainly wouldn't look too cramped if you know what I mean.
And never loose those dang scissors again!
- The Urbio Big Happy Family magnetic storage system (ARV $175)!!!
- To enter, like the Raise Your Garden Facebook page and share this post or sign up for our newsletter. For two entries, do both. Let us know that you have entered by rating your organizational skills with 10 being the best and 1 being really bad. Contests ends: January 11!
- You can earn one extra entry per day by tagging a new friend each day!
- Official Giveaway Rules