The assembly process was so simple. The instructions were written in large font print with pictures that were so easy to follow. I really appreciated how it came with both the hardware and tools required for assembly. With 8 parts in total, this wasn't rocket science. We put it together while watching the Buffalo Bills loose on Sunday. Fifteen minutes later, it was done. It was kind of fun working together and seeing it as one piece! (Ok, fine Tom, I watched you put it together....but still it was fun.)
- It's made out of steel instead of plastic for extra durability and strength.
- The basket that comes on the handlebar is awesome. Perfect for hauling a few packets of plants, seeds, a trowel, small shovel, gloves or nozzle.
- It just looks spectacular. Hose carts have the potential to be seriously ugly. This one is easy to use and easy on the eyes. It's so cute!
- The never flat tires means you have one less problem to worry about. At 8.5" they are a good size without being too big or too small.
- Speaking of tires, they make a humongous difference. Ever use a stroller? Than you know exactly where I'm coming from. Wheels that rotate well make all the difference. You want to be able to move a product like this efficiently without getting frustrated.
- Non-slip handle grip is nice for hauling and prevents blisters. It's super cushy if you know what I mean and doubles as a stress ball. And the handle you use to crank the hose is grippy and nifty as well. You'll love both handles! As a side note, plastic handles have gotten broken and cracked on me in the past. These won't as they aren't plastic.
- Speaking of parts, I love how sturdy and leak-proof the brass coupling is. No one wants a leaky hose!
- It's great that the 5' leader hose comes with the product.
- The cart has a low center of gravity. Much lower than my old plastic cart. Because the cart is somewhat wide, this means it doesn't tip over when I'm dragging it to the back of the yard to water the bushes and trees.
- I didn't test 200 ft. of hose, so I can't speak to that. Still it handled our 100 ft. plus of hose quite well and wasn't difficult to crank.
- Overall, the product is heavier duty than I was thinking based on the pics I saw online. But it's still not heavy to pull. Trust me, you want this! The quality is in all the details.
- It will scratch. And it's metal so it can dent. Treat it well. Kind of like a nice piece of furniture. Don't do silly things like use scissors to remove the plastic wrapping. Oh wait...I did that. Well, don't do what I did!
- If you do scratch it, it may rust. Make sure you do a touch up with some weatherproof paint to avoid this problem.
- It's a bit pricy. But so is everything of quality in life. So I'm over it.
I love this product; it has spruced up my back patio in a big way. It looks marvelous and functions equally well. I really appreciate how easy the handles crank in comparing it to my old plastic hose cart. Attention is in the details. Still, I do not plan on leaving it out for the winter. Why risk ruining it? After all, I plan on getting many seasons of use out of this product and feel confident you will too. Good luck! I hope you win. You'll be so pleased.
With hose carts, you do have lots of options. Some are with two wheels, others four. It all depends on what you are looking for. This cart in particular is attractive yet still works very well. I didn't hate my plastic hose cart, I just didn't like how it cracked and tipped over because of the lighter weight. Metal doesn't do this as easily. Typically, plastic is cheaper in price too than metal. But honestly, there's no going back to plastic for me, not after testing this product.
One two-wheel decorative metal hose cart from Liberty Garden Products valued at $140!
- Enter by leaving a comment below telling me what your favorite Halloween candy is =) (Anyone who trick-or-treats at my house this year will get to see my hose cart up close and personal!!)
- See below for a chance to earn additional entries.
- Official Giveaway Rules
1) Like our Facebook Page.
2-3) For 2 extra entries, invite 3 new Facebook friends to "Like" our Raise Your Garden Page.
4) Become an e-mail subscriber using the green bar at the top of our site.
Already did? Let us know.
5) Like Liberty Garden on Facebook.
6-7) Comment on our Facebook Page telling us why you want to win. Like and Share as well. Click Here
8) Share this Daisy Cloner Giveaway
Let us know in the comment section what you did to earn extra entries.