Why I'm enamoured with my VegTrug Wallhugger
The Wallhugger has all the same benefits of the classic VegTrug planter, only it has been designed specifically for narrow spaces with one vertical side with the ability to ‘hug’ the planter next to a wall or fence. You will LOVE the "hug" feature. It looks adorable up against the brick of our home on the back patio.
It literally took me hours to decide what to plant but I found the process invigorating! Finally, I came to my senses and forced myself to make a decision already.
Here's what I planted:
- 3 rutabaga in the way back
- 1 broccoli dead center with 2 purple cauliflower on each side
- 7 peppers in the front row
- 1 nasturtium on each side for color!
I can't tell you how tempted I was to add a layer of peas in the front, but I didn't want to crowd it too much!
Why I like Eartheasy more than ever!
I appreciate how Eartheasy has done their research into what the modern and environmentally-friendly gardener and homeowner wants now. After all, this family-run business has spent 30 years living on the land and learning about sustainable living- passing this knowledge onto you. So I'm giving Eartheasy a big green light. Green for the environment and green for great pricing. Buying from Eartheasy is a win for you and a win for the planet.
- Ideal for narrow spaces
- Place in front of a wall or fence for vertical growing
- Feet covers included to protect wood and your deck/floorboards
- Pre-formed liner included
- Comfortable working height of 31", easy wheelchair access
- Keeps produce away from slugs and animals/pets
- Easy assembly
- Unique V shape is 16.8" deep, allowing for deep rooted produce
- Made from sustainable plantation grown fir
- Ideal for children or the elderly or pretty much anyone who doesn't want to bend over or be forced to kneel in the garden!
- Comes in 2 sizes
- Spot-on trend for patios, front porches, sun rooms, & suited urban, suburban or country living!
Last thought-provoking epiphany...
These crops grow incredibly fast and I'll be getting the most bang for my buck from my VegTrug by staggering planting this way. It never ceases to amaze me that I can plant lettuce seeds and peas in August and still get a late fall crop to enjoy!
-Winner gets the VegTrug Wallhugger Raised Garden Planter from Eartheasy (ARV $189)
- To enter, like the Raise Your Garden Facebook page and share this post or sign up for our newsletter. For two entries, do both. Let us know that you've entered by telling us what you'd plant in your VegTrug! Contest ends June 30th!
- You can earn one entry per day by commenting on any of our other blog or Facebook posts. (Tell us below how many times you've done this to help me out!)
- Official Giveaway Rules