What is EcoBorder?
- EcoBorder is rubber landscape edging. It's not that ugly stuff you see while strolling around the neighborhood. This is quality rubber edging for the trendy landscaper.
- Like the name implies, EcoBorder is an eco-friendly product made out of recycled components including crumb rubber, industrial glue and an exterior paint. Think tires. Then think about keeping those tires out of landfills and you'll be even more motivated to buy EcoBorder.
- EcoBorder is an excellent alternative to block and concrete curbing as well as hammer-in and the roll-up plastic edging. (Flimsy plastic edging makes me shudder in horror). Although block edging and concrete curbs look fantastic the cost involved is way out of my league. Not to mention time consuming! EcoBorder is so easy and you get longevity and durability without the backbreaking work. And you can't really move concrete.... can you? So what's done. Is done. Plus concrete cracks when your plants grow up under it, especially where I live where it gets so cold.
- EcoBorder is quite attractive and extremely durable.
- This rubber edging comes in several designs and colors to suit your yard, garden and your creative tastes. Choose from black, brown, red, green and grey. As we have black shutters, we went with black.
- It also has three styles including "Scroll", "L" shape and "Curb" shape. We went with the "Curb" shape but you choose what suits you best! They all look great!
- EcoBorder has a solid reputation of being able to stand up to variables in climate from extreme cold to excess heat.
- No digging required. I repeat ~ no digging required. Need I say more? Have you added it to your shopping cart yet? What color did you choose? What design?
- It's used on playgrounds. This means it's kid safe. People safe. Animal safe. We love this!
- Won't fade, although comes from the factory with a natural luster that will dull a tad over time making the product look more natural and becoming in your yard.
- It's versatile. Try it around the patio, fence, pool, playground, walkway or landscape... keeping that mulch and soil in place.
- Reasonably priced. You'll feel as though you can use this product for your entire yard.
- Depending on what product you go with, pieces bend up to 60 or 70 degrees making it just roll around your bedding. It practically installs itself.
- Each piece is 4 feet in length making it easy to work with. It can be cut midsection to create sharper curves.
- Like that perfect pair of jeans, it's both sturdy and flexible in all the right places.
- We're still working on our landscape so I can't give you a definite timeframe, but the EcoBorder website states that you can install 50 feet of their borders in an hour. We'll keep you posted!
- Product includes stakes and connectors. But you will need a hammer, handsaw, gloves and safely glasses.
- I can install myself. Tom who?!?
What is the best part about EcoBorder?
- You can mow right up to it and weeds cannot grow between it! Do you see what this means? Gasp. No weedwacking. No need to weedwack. And yes, we have weedwackers. But they always seem to be broken. So we can't weedwack. This means grass is growing up and between the bricks that currently hold in our landscape mulch. It looks trashy. See how we truly care about property values on our street?
- Second best thing about EcoBorder? Tom loves it. He's been eyeing up landscape edging for a few years now and has been dissatisfied with all other options. So we put off re-doing the landscape even though it desperately needs work. Like a Wendy's Frosty, EcoBorder hit the sweet spot with Tom. Can't wait to show you the pictures of our new front yard!
One last thought.....
You choose either option in the color of your choice:
1. (4) 6 pack of "L" design
2. (5) 4 pack of "Curb" design
- To enter, LIKE Raise Your Garden on Facebook and share this post. For a second entry sign up for our newsletter. For additional entries see below.
- Let us know in the comment section what you've done!!
3.) Like EcoBorder on Facebook
4.) Share this post... Easy DIY Worm Tube or Worm Tower
5. Pin 5 images from Raise Your Garden
Let us know in the comment section what you did to earn extra entries.
Also, please make a separate comment for each entry method.