A stunning pumpkin centerpiece.
It's true! You'll love one on your table this fall, especially on Thanksgiving Day.
I love surfing Pinterest for ideas just like most of you. But if it's not easy and relatively inexpensive to do, I won't follow through with it.
This project was both easy and cheap so I was on board. I hope you are, too.
Here's what you need to do!
Tips to get you started...
- I've found the best place to get crafting supplies is Hobby Lobby which has all the selection of glitzy fall items you need on clearance right now.
- Wood slices are what's hot right now. The problem is they range in price from $20-$40 if you buy from a conventional store. I acquired these from my sister after her late fall wedding.
- So if you can't bum a few off a newlywed, you could purchase a some from the Amish or even make your own.
- I always see stumps at the curb. And you only need a small stump sliced thin. It doesn't need to be finished. In fact, the more rustic, the better! You don't absolutely need the board either, the pumpkin can stand alone.
- Place your pumpkin on a piece of burlap for an even more rustic effect.
- If you can get wood slices for free, stack a few pine slices on top of each for a more dramatic effect.
- The staples can be purchased from $1-$5 from Home Depot depending on how many you buy and how big the pack is.
- They're useful for other projects and you can always share the clips with your family and friends to save even more.
- Mixing both traditional orange pumpkins, white pumpkins, and gourds of various sizes create dimension.
- Lit candles always look nice!
- Glue is optional. Only if you really want the leaves to stay in place. I didn't use any on mine because it wasn't needed.
- Start by laying out your glitzy add-ons and determining what pumpkin to put them on and figure out if you need to snip them a bit.
- Ask yourself a few questions and play with your glitzy add-on pieces.....hmm, does the orange piece look better on an orange or white pumpkin?
- Do I need 2 or 3 add-ons? Do I even need 5 or 7 add-ons?
- Should I place the leaves and acorns on the top or should I dangle them on the side? What combinations look best?
- Does it have enough sparkle? Don't fasten anything until you eyeball it up first to make sure it looks just the way you want it too.
- For thinner stems, just take a very thin nail and hammer it into the pumpkin. Then you stick the stem of your glitzy add-ons into that hole.
- Add a little glue on the side if you think it's necessary. Yes, it's that easy!
- For bigger or thicker stems, you might have to use the cable wood staples.
- In this case, hold the stem in place putting the hook as high as possible while gently hammering in.
- The higher you go, the less visible it will be. Layer the glitzy pieces to your satisfaction to create just the right look.
- Place the pumpkin on the wood board. You could layer burlap on top of the board or not, depending on your tastes.
- That's it, you're done! I really meant 5 minutes.