Most interesting Spear Head Spade Fact...
Spear Head Spade Rundown!
- Unique design and specialized shape - innovative in every last detail
- Long reinforced fiberglass handle with cushion grip
- Lightweight but strong and sturdy
- Blade is extremely hard & thick
- All edges beveled from tip to tail
- Forward bent foot rest
- Reduces effort by up to 80%
- Blades are made of high carbon manganese steel that is 33% thicker and 25% harder than normal shovels
- Short fiberglass handle with cushion D grip is 41 inches long
- Mini fiberglass handle with cushion D grip is 30 inches long (spot-on for raised beds!!!)
Why we love these hybrid shovel-spades and why you will too...
- Lightweight. Unreal how light it feels in the hand. It's like finding the "perfect pen."
- Our clay soil is thick and heavy with lots of roots and rocks. Digging is difficult in hard soil and a pain...physically and mentally. For this reason, I mostly find other work to do so I don't have to dig. I'm out of excuses with my Spear Head Spade!
- The shape of the blade. It's just phenomenal. The spear shape concentrates force (weight and energy) on one single point and then special beveled angles form a intense wedging and slicing action to do the rest.
- Fall is the season for planting flower bulbs and garlic. These tools are spot-on for the task.
- The yellow fiberglass handle makes it easy to find when I misplace it in my yard
- This spade just makes my life easier. When I have yard work to do, it's my buddy. It cuts the time a job takes in half.
- Can cut through two layers of weed fabric or cardboard like I use.
- Yes, this product is for serious gardeners. Yes, every women will love this spade. Yes, every elderly person will be thrilled to get this tool as a gift. Even my young kids are able to use their shortest blade with success. And yes, anyone who has wrist or knees issues will instantly be smitten with this tool. But my husband loves it too and he's none of the above. Who doesn't want to cut their gardening work in half? This spade is for all.
- The price. The short spade is $49. The mini $35. Not unreasonable for tools that will get used every single day.
- My kids love the mini blade. I love using it as a raised bed tool. But for them, it's the perfect height. A tool their size that works. And it's made so well they can't break it!
- The blade looks a little like Darth Vader......agree?!
One last thought...
Two-piece Spear Head Spade tool set including the short and mini fiberglass handle tools with the cushion D grip (Valued at $85!)
- To enter, like the Raise Your Garden Facebook page and share this post or sign up for our newsletter. For two entries, do both. Let us know in the comment section of this post what you did to enter.
- Let us know in the comment section what you've done!!