- The grow boxes & trellises are made of lightweight plastic and therefore easy to move.
- They come with casters, so they can be moved in and out of the sun or rain as required. I love being able to move these pickers myself without having to wait for Tom to help out!
- The plastic is colorized with UV additives to prevent long-term degradation in direct sunlight (won't fade on you).
- BPA-free and Phthalate-free. Food safe.
- Water fill tubes keep you from over or under watering. Reservoir also means you can go away for a few days without having to panic about plants drying out.
- No need for a yard or to be a homeowner to garden, just a patio, deck, sunroom or sunny window.
- This is gardening at it easiest. It's just doesn't get any simpler than this. The instructions are written in large lettering in a colored pamphlet. The Emsco Group basically holds your hand through the assembly process.
- Almost zero work involved.
- Grow boxes are bigger than you might think based on the pictures! And because you are using Crop Props to grow more vertically, you'll save even more space.
- Perfect for children, never any broken shards of glass or ceramic to deal with.
- Even if you don't consider yourself a gardener, these are so nice for an herb bed.Everyone loves and uses fresh herbs...right?!
- I appreciate how you can buy these products just about anywhere. Target, Lowe's, Home Depot, Walmart....wherever you shop, they'll have at least some selection of Emsco products. This means that you can actually see it up close instead of ordering online and not knowing exactly what you'll get.
- If you are anti-plastic, anti-resin, these aren't for you!
- Nothing of plastic lasts forever. I'm sure with time, they will crack, although obviously I haven't noticed any signs of wear and tear yet.
- They're a tad bit on the pricier end for plastic.
Don't you loved not having to bend down? That's why Tom & I decided on raised-beds. No backbreaking bending down with this grow box.
- It's a nice height for just about anyone. With the stand, you're at 30"
- Has a little shelf on the bottom for storage. The grid allows rainwater to fall through.
- Product looks really sharp on a patio or by your pool!
- Even when filled with soil, moves about easily. So if your plants are getting too much sun or water, can be moved to a better location.
- Blends well with your house if you have brick or siding. Just looks clean-cut and neat.
- Growing tomatos has never been cuter. As a side tip, lettuce and spinach typically grows really well in boxes like these.
- Looks so nice, you can actually grow veggies in your front yard, no need to hide!
- I don't know that I would store tools, in particular, anything made of metal on the below shelf. I got a feeling they would still get wet. Gloves that are not waterproof should probably not be stored here either.
- Very spacious! You'll be surprised how much you'll be able to plant in just one box. Three of these boxes would make a good sized garden for sure! Each box 24" x 20" growing surface area.
- Includes an aeration screen that gives the right amount of air to plant roots. This prevents mold and roots from rotting. It also means you won't have to replace your potting mix year after year. Love the aeration screen, it's awesome!
- I'd like to use this box with herbs like rosemary that can be winterized. On wheels, you might even be able to keep your cilantro and basil longer. Maybe even into the Fall and Winter if it can be transported inside to a sunny spot or sunroom.
- Even though they include a mulch cover for weeds, weeding is pretty much a non-issue.
- You know those perennial plants that you order from online nurseries? They always look huge in the catalog. But when you get your plants, they are usually quite tiny. So you plant and label, but by next season, they are lost on you. How about using this box to plant those perennials plants for a couple of seasons, until they are bigger and then transplanting to the garden? Just a thought.
- Kit uses a rubberband for holding the mulch cover in place. I hope it lasts at least several seasons, but I'm not too optimistic. But again, how many weeds are you really going to get?
Hydro Pickers Gardening System Item #2370D
When the big, brown boxes showed up on my doorstep, I could hardly wait to get this picker up and running. Hydroponics is something that I'm eager to learn more about, how about you?
- Kit includes everything you need, so you don't have to run to the store.
- Love the pH kit included.
- No soil also means no weeding & clean hands. No garden gloves needed.
- Vibrant blue color, stunning!
- Perfect for those apartment dwellers who live up a million flights of stairs, or, anyone who doesn't want the hassle of hauling soil/potting mix in bags around.
- Produces a higher-yield and needs only nutrient-treated water. I'm hoping to reap the benefits of an earlier harvest but only time will tell.
- Takes up very little space and requires very little effort. So easy!
- Ideal for anyone whose yard soil is less than perfect because none is needed.
- Nice gift for an elderly friend or relative who would like to grow on a smaller scale.
- Spot on for kids or science teachers wanting to ignite the interest of their students. Kids will most definitely find this exciting! I know mine did.
- If you are a hydroponics expert, this may not be the set for you. It's more of a system for those of us just learning about hydroponics.
- These are incredibly easy to put together! So easy, in fact, that you could disassemble them for the winter months for storage purposes. (I plan to do this).
- The sizes are spot on for growing needs. Tall or short. Square and triangle. You pick what works for you.
- Triangle takes up less space for more planting options, square lends itself to more stability. Example. Triangle = peppers. Square = tomatoes.
- Product seems virtually indestructible.
- Although pricy for a single trellis, I do think they will last forever.
1st place Easy Picker + your choice of Crop Prop. (approx. $75-$100 value).
2nd place City Picker + your choice of Crop Prop. (approx. $65-$75 value).
*The price of these products varies greatly based on my online research. Some products sell the Picker with the Crop Prop and some without which also affects price. There are lots of vendors that sell Emsco, do your research before you buy!*
- Enter by leaving a comment below telling us what you'd plant in your new picker!!
- Official Giveaway Rules
1) Like our Facebook page.
2) Become an e-mail subscriber using the green bar at the top of our site.
Already did? Let us know.
3-5) Comment on Facebook telling us why you want to win. Share, and Like as well. CLICK HERE.
6) Share this DIY FIX THE GARDEN HOSE.
7) Like EMSCO's Facebook Page
Let us know if the comment section what you did to earn extra entries.