Treat yourself to 10% savings by entering "Halloween" into the coupon box
on the EcoBorder website at www.ecoborder.com
First impressions count!
Your biggest challenge is making up your mind about the "look" you are going for. It's silly, but it took Tom and I 5-6 times of placing it, taking it out and re-doing it to get it right.
We were struggling to get the curvature to look how we wanted it to. But once we figured it out, we were thrilled with the outcome. It's a heavy product though so you don't want to be lugging these pieces more than you have too! So either get your husband to do that part or make a quick diagram so you nail it the first time. And don't hammer in the parts until you are sure. It's kind of like working with a giant puzzle.
What is EcoBorder?
- EcoBorder is rubber landscape edging. It's not that ugly stuff you see while strolling around the neighborhood. This is quality rubber edging for the trendy landscaper.
- Like the name implies, EcoBorder is an eco-friendly product made out of recycled components including crumb rubber, industrial glue and an exterior paint. Think tires. Then think about keeping those tires out of landfills and you'll be even more motivated to buy EcoBorder.
- EcoBorder is an excellent alternative to block and concrete curbing as well as hammer-in and the roll-up plastic edging. (Flimsy plastic edging makes me shudder in horror). Although block edging and concrete curbs look fantastic the cost involved is way out of my league. Not to mention time consuming! EcoBorder is so easy and you get longevity and durability without the backbreaking work. And you can't really move concrete.... can you? So what's done. Is done. Plus concrete cracks when your plants grow up under it, especially where I live where it gets so cold.
Why go with EcoBorder?
- EcoBorder is quite attractive and extremely durable.
- This rubber edging comes in several designs and colors to suit your yard, garden and your creative tastes. Choose from black, brown, red, green and grey. As we have black shutters, we went with black.
- It also has three styles including "Scroll", "L" shape and "Curb" shape. We went with the "Curb" shape but you choose what suits you best! They all look great!
- EcoBorder has a solid reputation of being able to stand up to variables in climate from extreme cold to excess heat.
- No digging required. I repeat ~ no digging required. Need I say more? Have you added it to your shopping cart yet? What color did you choose? What design?
- It's used on playgrounds. This means it's kid safe. People safe. Animal safe. We love this!
- Won't fade, although comes from the factory with a natural luster that will dull a tad over time making the product look more natural and becoming in your yard.
- It's versatile. Try it around the patio, fence, pool, playground, walkway or landscape... keeping that mulch and soil in place.
- Reasonably priced. You'll feel as though you can use this product for your entire yard.
- Depending on what product you go with, pieces bend up to 60 or 70 degrees making it just roll around your bedding. It practically installs itself. (Okay, that's stretching it a bit).
- Each piece is 4 feet in length making it easy to work with. It can be cut midsection to create sharper curves.
- Like that perfect pair of jeans, it's both sturdy and flexible in all the right places.
- The EcoBorder website states that you can install 50 feet of their borders in an hour. This is most likely true. Except Tom and I kept changing our minds about the curvature we were going for that we re-did it several times.
- Product includes stakes and connectors. But you will need a hammer, handsaw, gloves and safely glasses.
- I can install myself. Tom who?!?
Why we're raving about EcoBorder
- It looks super sharp. The black we went with matches our black shutters. So sleek! Who says we don't care about curb appeal around here!
- And it holds in all the compost mix we added to the front landscaping kind of like a sturdy trench. This is important to me because we paid for this mixture and to have it just seep into our lawn is a total waste. We want our investment to stay put.
- Tom loves EcoBorder He's been eyeing up landscape edging for a few years now and has been dissatisfied with all other options. So we put off re-doing the landscape even though it desperately needs work. Like a Wendy's Frosty, EcoBorder hit the sweet spot with Tom.
One last thought....
You choose either option in the color of your choice:
1. (4) 6 pack of "L" design
2. (5) 4 pack of "Curb" design
- To enter, like the Raise Your Garden Facebook page and share this post or sign up for our newsletter. For two entries, do both.
- Let us know in the comment section what you've done!!
3.) Like EcoBorder on Facebook
4.) Share this post... Saving heirloom green bean seeds for next year
5. Pin 5 images from Raise Your Garden
Let us know in the comment section what you did to earn extra entries.
Also, please make a separate comment for each entry method.