- Toss the instructions. Seriously. My husband and I did not find them particularly helpful. Your killer instinct will tell you exactly how to assemble this product which is pretty easy and quick if you just go with what makes sense. I think it took us under 25 minutes and that was with kids helping...."helping."
- When I filled the pots with my homemade dirt, I could not believe how easy it was to slide them on and off the post. This is a big deal because you'll be sliding them on and off to plant too. Worried about a frost? Slide them off and bring them in. And I have no fear that the pots are going to fall off, the hooks are that sturdy.
- You can buy this product with or without the drip irrigation system. But it's only $30 bucks extra for the drip irrigation. Well worth the extra dollars spent. Especially for the three smaller pots which will dry out on you fast. If you buy the drip irrigation system separate it's $55.
- Initially, Tom had some issues with the drip irrigation system which he thought was leaking. After a few emails back and forth to the company who were pleasant and quick to correspond, he figured it out. Works like a charm! Tom compared it to another system we have and said he really likes this one.
- The product comes with 7 stakes and 14 clips to keep the drip irrigation in place.
- Keep in mind adding drip irrigation does affect placement because it will have to be connected to the hose. But I love not having to worry about watering. The drip irrigation cord is relatively short so it will have to be placed close to a faucet.
- If you use drip irrigation you probably don't want to use the product inside. To me, this is an outside system. We placed ours in the front of our house where all our neighbors can see it. When all the plants reach their full-bloom peak, I'm anticipating many more compliments. If you love overhanging pots with plants lusciously cascading over the side of a pot ~ this is the product for you!
- All parts are clearly labelled and no tools are required for assembly.
- The pots are made of durable and sturdy UV resistant plastic and are mounted on 5 casters that aid in mobility. I love being able to roll it in and out of the sun as needed.
- Even though the two bottom pots are larger and heavier making the product quite stable, still be careful to choose a location where the product won't be exposed to unusual amounts of high wind. You don't want it to blow over on you!
- This is just a unique product. It's not something I've seen at either the big boxed stores or the local garden centers. It's new. It's different. And I like it.
- The pots angle slightly downward on the post giving the product a fun and whimsical appeal. The staggered, topsy-turvy effect is quite charming.
- I consider myself mostly a veggie gardener with perennial beds that always need sprucing up. But I do love spring annuals. So My Garden Post has given me the motivation to buy a few annuals for myself to enjoy this season. Usually I cheap out and don't buy too many.
- Curb appeal ~ Our front yard was missing something. I think it was color. And excitement. We placed our green post next to our white garage. Finally, a focal point for our front yard!
- You don't actually need to own any land to grow a garden with a post. A sunny patio, porch or balcony all work well. It's nice for someone who lives in an apartment to be able to grow a few herbs, tomatoes and annuals.
- Growing upwards definitely saves space and creates stunning vertical visual appeal. I thought it was kind of funny that this product and myself are exactly the same height! It was meant to be.
- As we all get, ahem, older.....cough cough...it's nice to garden without much strain or effort. So it's super easy!
- Would make an excellent gift for any older relative or friend who still loves to garden but can't manage any large scale project. No heavy lifting, no weeding, no watering (drip irrigation). Low-maintenance.
- I can already hear my mom telling me she wants one of these for her deck at the cottage and she obviously isn't standing over my shoulder reading this right now. (or is she?!?)
Pairing annuals to last all summer long in a pot or container
Every day I have to stand on the corner and wait to get my daughter off the bus. So I use this 5 minutes to look back at my house and assess how I can improve my curb appeal. My Garden Post has done it, it has greatly improved the overall front look of my home. It feels silly, but I look back at my house and admire my pot system. You will too if you buy one of these.
One Vertical Gardening System with Automatic Drip Irrigation valued at $180!
- To enter, LIKE Raise Your Garden on Facebook. For a second entry sign up for our newsletter. If you're looking for extra luck, share this post! For additional entries see below.
- Let us know in the comment section what you've done!!
3.) Like My Garden Post on Facebook
4.) Share this post... Edible flowers for food and drink
5. Pin 5 images from Raise Your Garden
Let us know in the comment section what you did to earn extra entries.
Also, please make a separate comment for each entry method.