And I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. He is risen! My girls were just thrilled too that the Easter bunny visits Florida. Filled baskets certainly made the drive from Florida to Buffalo a lot easier. But it was beautiful in the Carolina's and Virgina's yesterday for sure...almost 80 degrees! How was your Easter?
Here's how they "got it right"
- Durable and sleek unibody silicone design (see spatula sob story below)
- Dishwasher safe
- BPA & BPS free
- FDA approved
- Spectacular assortment of colors including bacon to make us laugh!
In fact, I was whipping up a batch of ganache the other day for my daughters' birthday cake and found myself using both the skinny and the ultimate spatula. Not that I needed them both, but I was looking for an excuse to use both so that I'd have two "dirty" utensils for my daughters to lick when done.
And guess what I cleaned the bowl out with? Yep. My GIR scraper. Trust me, I got every last bit out of that bowl. I really like this little scraper for working with pie crust and pizza dough. It's spot on for dividing dough and cleans my boards like a dream. No more using my good knives to scrape food off my cutting board. It even has inches on one side, centimeters on the other to measure with.
- Any silicone or plastic product has the potential to get stained. This is especially true when working with any tomato or highly pigmented sauce. Wash immediately so you don't stain your good utensils!
- If you're anything like me, you "forget" to wash up the dishes right away. On the next super sunny day, lay your Product of GIR or any silicone or plastic product out in the sun. This trick usually causes the stains to fade (just like laying that white shirt out in the sun, same concept). I do this after making lasagna. I always use both the skinny and the ultimate and throw all the dishes in the sink hoping Tom will wash. This does not happen. Then I do the sun-trick to take care of the discoloration.
- When working with those razor sharp edges of cans, be careful not to run your spatula against them. You can nick them and you don't want that.
- Amazon is not always the cheapest place to make a purchase. I noticed the prices on the actually product of GIR website to be much cheaper; so guess where I'm buying?
- GIR is on the pulse of trend, especially in their colors which are addictive. So no, it's not okay to have the ultimate spatula in all 8 colors. (Or is it?!?)
One Product of GIR 4-piece spatula, flipper, scraper set valued at $50!
1.) Sign up for Raise Your Garden Newsletter with the green bar at the top of the page
2.) Share this post on Facebook.
3.) Share our last post. 10 newbie gardening pitfalls and how to avoid them.
Let us know in the comment section what you did to earn extra entries.
Also, please make a separate comment for each entry method. -