How the Spear Head Spade came into being...
My experience with the spade...
Spear Head Spade Fast Facts
- Unique design and specialized shape - innovative in every last detail
- Long reinforced fiberglass handle with cushion grip
- Lightweight but strong and sturdy
- 59 inches long
- Blade is extremely hard & thick
- All edges beveled from tip to tail
- Forward bent foot rest
- Reduces effort by up to 80%
- Blades are made of high carbon manganese steel that is 33% thicker and 25% harder than normal shovels
Why we love this shovel/spade and why you will too...
- Lightweight. Unreal how light it feels in the hand.
- Our clay soil is thick and heavy with lots of roots and rocks. Digging is difficult in hard soil and a pain...physically and mentally. For this reason, I mostly find other work to do so I don't have to dig. I'm out of excuses with my Spear Head Spade!
- The shape of the blade. It's just phenomenal. The spear shape concentrates force (weight and energy) on one single point and then special beveled angles form a intense wedging and slicing action to do the rest.
- Tis the season for transplanting. I love using this spade for dividing up some perennials that I have been moving to other parts of my yard. This tool is like taking a knife to butter and feels like the perfect pen in hand.
- The yellow fiberglass handle makes it easy to find when I misplace it in my yard
- This spade just makes my life easier. When I have yard work to do, it's my buddy. It cuts the time a job takes in half.
- Can cut through two layers of weed fabric or cardboard like I use.
- Yes, this product is for serious gardeners. Yes, every women will love this spade. Yes, every elderly person will be thrilled to get this tool as a gift. Even my young kids are able to use their shortest blade with success. And yes, anyone who has wrist or knees issues will instantly be smitten with this tool. But my husband loves it too and he's none of the above. Who doesn't want to cut their gardening work in half? This spade is for all.
- The price. $50 bucks is completely reasonable for a spade that you'll be using this much and boasts a lifetime guarantee! During gardening season, it will be everyday. Makes a thoughtful gift!
- The blade looks a little like Darth Vader......agree?!?
What others are saying...
One long Spear Head Spade valued at $50!
- To enter, LIKE Raise Your Garden on Facebook and share this post. For a second entry sign up for our newsletter. For additional entries see below.
- Let us know in the comment section what you've done!!