Prior to Desert Steel, I had zero experience with outdoor torches.
Outdoor torches have real flames. Real light. Real mosquito repellent power.
Torches are thrilling! The ambiance they'll bring to your outdoor space is unequalled!
But owning two fabulous tropical torches ignites your imagination. Palm leaves. Swoon. Caribbean here I come.
Brought to you by the one and only Desert Steel~ my go-to company for outdoor decor that is beyond compare for quality.
(Okay and color!) No one does color like Desert Steel does color!
Desert Steel creates these two stunners in a large and small size; you choose what works for you and your space.
Winner gets (1) large Asher Palm Torch + (1) Small Asher Palm Torch for a blissfully beautiful backyard!
I am not responsible for the drool on your keyboard or phone right now. Get a napkin!
How to ENTER TO WIN:
Simply fill out the SweepWidget form at the bottom of this post.
I hope YOU win!
Your personal piece of paradise with Desert Steel!
No plane ticket needed. Better still, no price of the plane ticket either. You know what plane tickets cost these days!
Quick solution. Asher palm torches. Your tranquil tropical paradise awaits you in the privacy of your backyard.
Got a pool? Then you need a few of these stupendous torches surrounding your oasis. Are you with me or what?
Night swimming with a live flickering flame? (Minus the mosquitoes because the citronella oil flame drives them away.)
How about a cottage? Envision a few torches lit up when company arrives? Ohhhh. The ambiance!
But what makes these Desert Steel Asher Palm torches so special is that they can stand on their own, but stakes are included if you choose to use them in the ground.
These torches are that flexible! And I won't insult your intelligent by telling you again how gorgeously stunning they are to look at.
So use the torches on your patio and then stake them around your landscape the following year.
After all, these are Desert Steel products~ they're hand-fashioned to last forever!
Why use torches for outdoor lighting?
- Live flickering flames create a special atmosphere at dusk not found at any other time of the day.
- These Asher Palm Torches are beautiful to behold and make you feel like one satisfied homeowner. A vacay of sorts...palm leaves included!
- Use torch lighting to spotlight a special plant, fountain or other focal point of your landscape. Palm leaves are the perfect way to luminate a walkway.
- Increase safety and security around your yard and property with outdoor flames. Tell those burglars to turn or burn. (Literally burn!)
- Repel bugs, mosquitos and other pests with your citronella Asher Palm torches. Citronella is a natural bug repellent and is sometimes coupled with lemongrass for added effect.
- Not only will the torches add a touch of elegance poolside, but they'll keep those pesky flies and mosquitoes away.
- Lamp oil/citronella torches are a unique and inexpensive way to make your garden glow. 4-6 hours of burn time is plenty. Trust me.
- Create a party atmosphere for a wedding, shower or summer BBQ. Your friends are all going to be duly impressed by these Asher Palm Torches.
- Spend more time outdoors, especially at dusk and savor every minute of summer enjoying the power of fire.
Torch tricks and tips!
- These unique torches have a fuel reservoir centered in the middle of the palm leaves making a natural looking casing for the wick. The wick soaks up the fuel and is lit creating a safe and controllable flame.
- Select a location for your torch giving it at least 6 feet of clearance on all sides. Think of things that can catch fire like trees, awnings, patio furniture, and kids toys. Safety first.
- Softer ground works better as these torches stick into the ground with stakes. But they can also be used flat on a patio with the flat stands. Quite versatile!
- Never move or handle a lit torch. Wait for the unit to cool before moving it. If a hot torch is moved, the searing wick could re-ignite the fuel as it is jostled around. Moving the Asher Palm Torch can result in the fuel spilling onto clothing, too.
- Do not fill the reservoir to the max. Over-filling increases the likelihood of spilling. Once the wick is submerged, the torch will function just fine- extra filling will not result in increased performance.
- Store all fuel containers well away from the torches. Keep your fuel away from heat sources and high traffic areas where the container could be tipped over or crushed.
- Mount the torch securely into the ground at the proper depth. The torch should not wobble to the touch. Torches with free-standing bases should be placed on a hard, level surface and should not be used in extreme wind.
- If fuel is accidentally spilled onto the torch when refueling, wait until it evaporates before lighting, or else the entire torch could catch fire.
- Replace cracked or damaged components immediately. This includes the fuel reservoir, torch frame, torch pole, wick, and top cap.
Asher Palm Torch Product Rundown...
- Antique copper trunk
- Patina finished fronds
- Rust and fade resistant
- Refillable 16 oz torch canister included
- Use with standard citronella or lamp oil (not included)
- Burn-time: 4-6 hrs
- Mounting stakes included for securing in landscape
- Base plate can be mounted to patio or deck
Small: 58"H x 34" W (Base Plate: 11" x 17")
Large: 68" H x 34" W (Base Plate: 12" x 21")