First impressions of the Root Assassin
And I think I told you we bought my Grandma's house several years ago? And with it, I inherited her perennial beds with plants. The problem is, over the years of neglect, they got overgrown. Unmanageable. Trees got embedded in there. Shrubs got overgrown. Thick brush took over. Weeds became so strong that they uprooted all else in their path.
But be careful! This tool is super sharp which is why it is able to chop branches. But that was my next task. Would it easily slice through a branch? That was the test the Root Assassin would have to pass. Quick answer. Yep. It worked. I hardly knew what to expect. I mean, one hardly expects a shovel to be a saw.
And that's what so great about the Root Assassin Shovel. The typical saw doesn't have a handle on it. I always fear that I'm going to saw my fingers off! The long handle gives you some distance from the object you are sawing. The red grippy handle also gives you something to grasp with force.
- 20 Double edged sharp serrated teeth on each side
- Industrial grade 14-gauge blade
- Made of solid structural carbon steel and is overlaid with a sleek silver color powder coat
- Forward turned-step for secure foot placement
- Comfort D-grip for added leverage and control
- Red handle means you can find when you left it in the garden before the rain comes
- Steel shaft is topped with durable solid rubber coated bright red handle
- Weighs 4 pounds
Ways to use this tool - Think outside the box
- Trim and prune plants and trees
- Cut branches still on the tree or on the ground
- Dig out deep, deep roots - super roots I call them!
- Edge your lawn
- Dealing with thick brush
- Transplant your "big plants" like shrubs or gigantic hostas
- Metal Detecting tool
- Plant your bulbs deep so the squirrels don't eat them
- Take with you on your next camping trip
- Saw off your Brussel Sprouts from the plant. It worked great for this odd purpose!
- Terrify intruders to your home. I mean, this tool is fierce. Those serrated teeth will surely scare the bad people away. Just keep under your bed at night. (I'm not kidding!)
And yes, I've endorsed other shovels on this site, but certainly not one that can slice through thick, woody branches. That's just fierce. So it's about having the right tool for the job. Each has a place. It's kind of like when you sit down to dinner and you choose between using a fork or a spoon. Some choices are easy. Soup = spoon. Spaghetti = fork. But what about a thick pot roast with a gravy? You might choose both. It's the same with with shovels and spades. At times you choose one over the over, other times, you'll use both on the job.
Two winners each will get their own Root Assassin valued at $55!
- To enter, like the Raise Your Garden Facebook page and share this post or sign up for our newsletter. For two entries, do both. Let us know you entered by telling us something fun about yourself in the comment section of this post!
3.) Share this post...8 winning winter squash to try now!
4.) Share this post...$600 luxury fire bowl giveaway will put you in a Good Direction!