It's more of a question of how. Especially the exterior where all can see (not just the select few who are admitted inside...wink wink.)
Look no further than a rain chain. From Rain Chains Direct nonetheless.
Their copper rain chains are 100% solid copper- not fake and phony coated copper but real heavy gauge copper.
Translation? 100% copper. 100% quality. A weighty rain chain that will last for the ages.
So I'm thrilled if you win the modern Double Oval Loop™ rain chain from Rain Chains Direct to add some sparkle and pizzazz to your exterior space this season.
Clean, chic and sleek the copper will patina over time giving it a blue/green aged look. Rustic farmhouse style.....here we come.
The 8.5' rain chain comes with it's own attachment piece which allows easy installation to any standard guttering system. No additional tools needed.
Best of all, Rain Chains Direct is including the gutter installer (insert round of applause here). You will just love this additional piece as it makes a stronger connection to the gutter. Yay!
How to enter to win!
Just fill out the easy SweepWidget form below!
Email addresses and Facebook likes help me contact you if you win!
What is a rain chain?
But unlike an ugly plastic or aluminum generic downspout, striking rain chains allow you to magically see the rainwater trickling down.
Function marries beauty for the a pleasing aesthetic evacuation of water!
Rain chains are made with a series of connected copper or aluminum loops, cups, or rings hung from a decorative chain.
Rain chains originated in Japan, where they have been in use on houses and temples for hundreds of years. Who knew?
Jewelry for your home or cottage that are picking up in popularity fast! In the last 5 years in particular, I have seen a TON more rain chains than I used too.
Every home has to have one!
Best of all, they are highly customizable pieces, you create what you want. You have a plethora of options to choose from at Rain Chains Direct with FANTASTIC prices.
Copper or aluminum? Black, silver (gray) or copper color? The aluminum styles are just as pretty as the copper in their own right, but a little cheaper.
But if copper is your thing (it's definitely mine!) you do pay just a fraction more for the copper. So it's about your style and your price point. The choice is yours!
And speaking of style, you choose; link, loop or cup style. It's all about your personal flare and price range.
Rain Chains Direct boasts a new Square Link™ Rain Chain that got my heart beating a little faster this morning!
And you can't beat the soothing sound of water cascading down the pipeline. It's just so serene and relaxing. Water has that power. The power to calm and soothe.
As much as I love my living plants, I'm always looking to pair them with non-living items that invigorate my outdoors space such as a rain chain.
A few rain chain tips & advice...
- Walk around your yard to determine a good spot for your rain chain. Make sure you choose a location where it can be seen and admired. Some of the cup styles can actually splash a bit, so you might not want to hang one right outside your front door.
- Decide if you prefer a cup, link or loop style. Cup styles might be easier to shorten or lengthen because you can always just subtract or add the cups. Some of the larger cup styles might be more appropriate if you gets tons of rain where you live. Not only are they heavier, but they can handle the extra water pressure.
- Rain chains can be left out all winter. Be careful, in a bad wind storm certain cup styles can come apart. If you get a lot of snow and ice, the water weight can detach the links causing the chain to come apart. Preventative measures are best. Knock off the ice before it becomes too heavy. Or, if the ice melts during the day, drain the water then.
- What I appreciate about the Double Oval Loop™ rain chain from Rain Chains Direct is that it's one solid piece so it won't come apart on you!
- It you live in a windy area, it might be smart to anchor the bottom of the rain chain. You can buy kits for this.
- Installation is a breeze. In most cases it can be done without any tools, save for taking down your old downspout. Each of the Rain Chains Direct styles comes with their own hanging hook to hang into virtually any gutter system.
- Rain Chains Direct also carries a gutter installer (sold separately) which allows for a more robust installation in terms of looks and function. Either way, most styles can be installed on a standard gutter within 5 minutes!
- A gutter installer completes the "look" of your rain chain with better directed water flow and provides a stronger connection to the gutter. This is really important where I live as ice can build up on the chain. (making it heavier).
- If the Rain Chains Direct 8.5' rain chain ends up being a tad too short or long, shortening or lengthening is relatively easy.
- Rain chains can and should be used for water conservation. You can buy a copper basin and allow it to overflow. Or, you can put a barrel or other container at the bottom of your rain chain and redistribute the rainwater collection.
- Another popular way to reuse rainwater is to direct it to a rain garden which can help mitigate the effects of urban runoff. It can help turn such an environmentally helpful setup into an attractive water feature.
- I've seen cup rain chains used as succulent planters, even inside the house! But I like the idea of planting air plants in these cups even more. Air plants don't require dirt and can just be placed in the cup. If you plant succulents, you'll have to line the bottom to contain the soil. Try Spanish moss.
Your copper rain chain from Rain Chains Direct is...
- Antibacterial & antimicrobial
- An eco-friendly & natural product~ copper is the worlds most reusable resource and because of that copper's recycling rate is higher than that of any other engineering material.
- Able to withstand snow and ice
- Clean-cut and stunningly spectacular
- Able to patina beautifully and even protect itself with this green film that forms naturally on copper (will never rust).
- Like a fine cherry wood, will darken over time. It's like comparing a brand-spanking new penny to one that is 5, 10, 15 years old.
- Will last many decades, a real heirloom piece.
- Durable and attractive ~ what could be prettier than copper construction? Worth every penny!
My take on Rain Chains Direct...
The price point. And the quality you get in that price point. The lowest rain chain they sell is just $19.95, and the highest? Just $79.99. That's for a heavy gauge 8.5' length rain chain that's 100% copper. That's a steal!
I'm a big rain chain fan and that's the best price you're gonna get anywhere online or in a brick and mortar store.
And it goes without saying how much I love free shipping. And no doubt you love free shipping. With Rain Chains Direct....it's always free shipping in the U.S.A! So do your jumping jacks.
Finally...customer service. I've been working directly with the owner and I have zero doubts he will take care of you.
Because guess what. There are companies who sell 6' rain chains. Avoid those like the plague!
Rain Chains Direct is also a member of the Better Business Bureau, another sure sign that this is where you shop for rain chains and accessories!
But the sprinkles on my cake is how products from Rain Chains Direct have been featured in Architectural Digest, HGTV, Fine Gardening Magazine, The New York Times, and Better Homes and Gardens.
Slam. Dunk. Winner.
So even if you don't win, at these incredibly low prices, you can afford to buy the rain chain of your dreams today with Rain Chains Direct!