Why I love plant labels...
- You never have enough plant labels. Do you? So I find myself uttering ridiculous things like "okay, which plants are worthy of a plant marker and which have to do without." But don't all your plants deserve to be identified? Okay, that just sounds silly. How about, don't you just want to know where everything is planted so you can stop guessing? Especially seeds. I get so frustrated when I plant row upon row of seed only to be clueless as to what they are when they finally do sprout. The price of Paw Paw is so reasonable that you can afford to label all your plants!
Just keep in mind...
- Not only for organization sake, but plant labels make your garden, your landscape and your pots both indoors and out look sharp and clean-cut. A clearly identified plant is a happy plant! Isn't the above slate label stunning?
- I bought and grew lots of perennial plants this year. As excited as this makes me, if I put them in my beds without a label they will either accidently get yanked out by Tom weeding or I'll forget they exist and trample on them. Labelling is the only surefire way I can guarentee they'll be there next year. I am growing many succulents in my box, but you know how it is with succulents, you always forget the names!
What sets Paw Paw apart?
- The people. This is a real company run by a husband and wife team (with 5 kids!!) who work hard everyday just like you and I. Their kids pitch in and help. Can you imagine the work ethic that creates? This is everything that is right in America today. Don't you want to purchase from them?
- The selection. Hands down. They sell just about every type of label you can possible imagine or dream up. Check out their website and you'll be convinced. Basically, they'll have what you're looking for. In particular, the different heights they offer is super nice! I love the Copper F labels because they are so tall and I will easily be able to spot them in my garden when my plants get humongous.
- Their labels are all metal. Zinc or copper nameplates, long lasting stainless steel wires.
- The cheap marking products they sell. For $3 you can purchase a DecoColor marker and for just $1 a black marking pencil. Both work wonderfully! It's about personal preference. The marker looks a little darker, but the pencil will last longer.
- The positive reviews online. People are absolutely raving about this company! The product, the service, the price and the free and fast shipping. Everyone seems so pleased. I was actually looking to see if I could find a bad review and guess what...I couldn't!!
- Their introductory kit for $6. You get 8 plant markers to sample and a black marking pencil. If you hate to commit like I do, this gives you the chance to cheaply experiment with their offerings before placing a big order. Awesome.
- The clarity. Everything is clearly laid out for you. Their website is detailed-oriented and easy to follow. Their instructions are the same. Their products are clearly labelled (well, they are a label company after all, ha!). But you know what you're getting. No confusion.
- The price point. Seriously, even at Target I was paying $2 each for crappy labels. With Paw Paw, I can easily afford to label my entire garden guilt-free.
- The more you buy, the more you save. If you choose to buy in bulk you'll save a ton of money. So you get rewarded for buying more. This is not true of all companies, many charge you the same no matter what you buy.
- Installation is a breeze. The double wire easily slides into the four evenly spaced holes of the tilted nameplate. (Mine could be pushed up more to take full advantage of the tilt, I guess it depends on the look you're going for).
- If you buy the very popular 30 Copper E Rose Style Labels, you'll pay 90 cents each. If you buy 100, you'll pay 43 cents each. If you buy 500 markers, the price drops to 37 cents and at 1000, you'll only pay 30 cents. This is fantastic pricing!
One last tip?
Type A - HAIRPIN STYLE LABEL
The tall, slender label with an extra long, narrow nameplate designed for attractive vertical or diagonal writing.
Double Wire Standard — 12" Zinc Nameplate — 7/8" x 3-1/4"
TYPE E — ROSE LABEL
The most popular, decorative label boasts an extra large nameplate to provide additional writing space. The tilted nameplate is easily assembled as it has wide flanges with four evenly spaced holes through which the double wire standard slides freely past the tilt into a secure position.
Double Wire Standard — 11-1/2" Zinc Nameplate — 1-1/4" x 3-1/2"
- One winner will receive 30 Copper A Hairpin style labels with stainless wires and a DecoColor Marker (value $44.00).
- A second winner will receive 30 Copper E Rose style labels with stainless wires and a DecoColor Marker (value $41.25).
- To enter, LIKE Raise Your Garden on Facebook. For a second entry sign up for our newsletter. For extra good luck, share this post! For additional entries see below.
- Let us know in the comment section what you've done!!