Why you should light up with Desert Steel
And we just love American born and bred companies. Agree?! Desert Steel products are lovingly handmade in Wichita, KS. The process starts with a milled sheet of galvanized steel and then it's cut, bent, folded and welded together. The bold colors are not from paint but are finished with a patina, a chemical treatment that oxidizes the steel to give it a green color. So unlike paint, this color will not alter or fade over time. It also won't rust or corrode. The whole process gives their sculptures and individual pieces a timeless feel that have that heirloom vibe.
The allure of outdoor torches
- Real flames create a special atmosphere at dusk not found at any other time of the day. Torches look fantastic and make you feel like one satisfied homeowner. Truly, a slice of paradise in your own backyard.
- Use lighting to spotlight a special plant, fountain or other focal point of your landscape. Perfect way to illuminate a walkway.
- Increase safety and security around your yard and property with outdoor lighting.
- Repel bugs, mosquitoes and other pests with your citronella torches. Citronella is a natural bug repellent and is sometimes coupled with lemongrass for added effect.
- Torches are particularly nice around a pool if you are a night swimmer. Mosquitoes can get so pesky - makes your pool unusable certain times of the day! Torches elegantly keep the bugs at bay.
- Kerosene/candle torches are a unique and inexpensive way to make your garden glow. 4-6 hours of burn time is plenty. Trust me.
- Natural fire creates a party atmosphere for a wedding, shower or summer BBQ while impressing all your friends with the burst of light.
- Instead of watching another pointless t.v. show indoors at night, sit outdoors and enjoy the warm summer nights with your torches gleaming and glowing. Minus the bugs!
- Durable, all-weather steel construction
- Snuffer/Lid included, stores underneath when lit
- Assembles in minutes and stakes directly into the garden
- Refillable torch canister included with x-long 10” wick
- Use citronella torch fuel or lamp oil (not included)
- Burns 4 to 6 hours
- Measures 14”W x 36”H
- Torches are super special because they use real flames for illumination. These unique torches have a fuel reservoir centered in the middle of the flower making a natural looking casing for the wick. The wick soaks up the fuel and is lit creating a safe and controllable flame.
- Select a location for your torch giving it at least 6 feet of clearance on all sides. Consider all things that can catch fire like trees, awnings, patio furniture, and kids toys. Safety first.
- Softer ground works better as these torches stick into the ground with stakes.
- Never move or handle a lit torch. Wait for the unit to cool before moving it. If a hot torch is moved, the searing wick could re-ignite the fuel as it is jostled around. Moving a torch can result in the fuel spilling onto clothing too. Not good!
- Do not fill the reservoir to the max. Over-filling increases the likelihood of spilling. Once the wick is submerged, the torch will function just fine- extra filling will not result in increased performance.
- Store all fuel containers well away from the torches. Keep your fuel away from heat sources and high traffic areas where the container could be tipped over or crushed.
- Mount the torch securely into the ground at the proper depth. The torch should not wobble to the touch. Torches with free-standing bases should be placed on a hard, level surface and should not be used in extreme wind.
- If fuel is accidentally spilled onto the torch when refueling, wait until it evaporates before lighting, or else the entire torch could catch fire.
- Replace cracked or damaged components immediately. This includes the fuel reservoir, torch frame, torch pole, wick, and top cap.
Two winners!!! You choose either white or orange of the Daisy Garden Torch from Desert Steel each valued at $70!!!