Why do you want a paint sprayer?
While the Power-Flo Pro 2800 seems to be designed first and foremost to paint the exterior of a house, I'm glad Tom was able to use it in our basement for a job quickly done! It's wonderful not to see any brush strokes in Tom's work, and best of all, no dripping mess to deal with. We can't wait to tackle the exterior of our house with this incredible sprayer. It badly needs to be painted and with baby #3 soon on his way, we can't afford a contractor.
So if you want to get all technical with me, the Power-Flo Pro 2800 allows you to use five gallons of paint in as little as 20 minutes, which is 2,000 square feet in 30 minutes. Need I say more?
We think this video sums up best why you definitely want a paint sprayer this year!
Paint sprayer tips
- Test your paint sprayer on cardboard first before tackling your actual project. Preferably do this outside for ventilation sake alone. Once you have your technique nailed down, you'll be ready to evenly paint any surface inside or out.
- Don't attempt spray painting the exterior of your home when the air temp is either below 45 degrees or above 75 degrees.
- Never spray paint in direct sunlight! Big no-no. Too much heat dries the paint much too quickly and it won't bond well resulting in disappointing results. But conversely, if the paint dries too slowly then it becomes a bug and dirt magnet. Yucko as my 5-year-old would say.
A few more tips...
- Use drop cloths to protect windows, floors and trim. Don't become unhappy later because you cut corners by not using them! This will NOT save you time.
- Always stir paint well and then strain it to prevent clogs in the tip or at any internal filters. Clogging is the number one complaint about spray painting. It was an issue for us.
- It's always best to go a little too light on the paint than too heavy. I'm sure we've all had experiences where we painted a little too thick and it ended up peeling off. Not good!
- Overlap each pass half the width of the spray coverage area to avoid leaving light areas or creating stripes.
- Keep your eyes peeled for missed spots and a brush handy for quick touch-ups.
- Wear a trendy Tyvek suit like my husband to protect your clothes and skin from all the paint and so the neighbors can laugh at you (just kidding Tom!)
We have tried several of their convenient products by now and have enjoyed using them all!
Best of all, she still answers her phone, even when she her caller ID says it's us! Hehe.
One Power-Flo Pro 2800 paint sprayer valued at $300!
- To enter, like the Raise Your Garden Facebook page and share this post or sign up for our newsletter. For two entries, do both. Let us know that you have entered by telling us any project you are currently working on and how you many entries your earned.
- SOMETHING NEW FOR SPRING! YOU CAN EARN ONE ENTRY PER DAY JUST BY SHARING THIS POST!
- Official Giveaway Rules