Solar lights are very similar to fries. It's hard to stop at one.
Don't get me wrong. If you buy a Desert Steel Solar light it will light up your space ~ indoors or outside.
But the more you have, the more you want, that's how sleek and sophisticated they'll look in your space.
And blue? Blue is the universal color that goes with everything. Three blue poppy solar lights blending effortlessly with the home and decor you already have.
After all, there's a reason blue jeans are.... well blue. They blend with everything!
A much needed color boost. Who doesn't need a little boost right now? Something to make us happy.
So we are thrilled Desert Steel is giving away 3 (yes I said 3) of these fabulous blue poppy solar lights!
How to enter to WIN:
Just fill out the easy and fun SweepWidget form at the end of this post!
Email addresses and Facebook likes help me contact you if you win! I hope it's you!!
Why poppies are popular!
That's how well made their products are. But these solar lights tug at my heart in particular. Every time. They light up my life.
My paternal grandmother loved poppies. She planted them around our yard and you can still see the remnants of them sprinkled in the landscaping.
Something about those fluttering, flowing petals leave a feminine mark wherever they are planted. A joyful flower!
But "real" poppies die so quickly. Just a day or so and they are gone. Sad!
These Desert Steel poppies will be with you over the long haul. And if you're as economical as me....for a lifetime.
I love the way Desert Steel staggered the petals, a true reflection of what an actual poppy looks like. Desert Steel never ceases to amaze me with their ability to recreate nature.
So whatever the occasion, birthday, staycation or just a gift to cheer.....anyone with a green or even brown thumb is going to be thrilled to receive a Desert Steel solar light.
Why you need solar lighting in your yard & garden!
- Least expensive type of outdoor lighting
- Simple installation and you don't need to deal with wiring of any kind
- Friendly to the environment because it uses the suns energy not electricity
- Use on stairs and other hazardous zones in your yard by helping to guide walkers at night. Will assist visitors to avoid potential dangers like a large rock or fountain.
- No upkeep unless you decide to replace the rechargeable battery that is included!
- Easy to move! Change your mind and move them around the yard, patio, pool, garden, driveway...experimenting is fun and thrilling.
- Well-lit outdoor spaces deter potential burglars and will add to your safety by protecting your property. Think about vandalism too!
- Instant color and life is added to your garden without having to use plants for that purpose.
- Safe for children - no wires to deal with
- They add depth, beauty and create that alluring atmosphere for your yard, garden and landscape
- Great to have outside when you're working after dusk and need just a bit of light to finish a task!
Poppy fast facts....
- Not all poppies are red. The flower color of poppy species include: white, lilac, pink, yellow, orange, red, violet and blue.
- Poppies have a long history in human civilization. They were already grown as ornamental plants as since 5,000 BC in Mesopotamia.
- Poppies were found in Egyptian tombs and ancient Egyptian doctors would have their patients eat seeds from a poppy to relieve pain.
- During World War One, the poppies disappeared because of the trampling and bombing of the battlefields. The destruction actually stopped them from growing for four full seasons. After the war was over the poppy began to bloom again. According to reports this historical growth was spectacular, with 2,500 poppy seeds per square foot found.
- Poppies bloom from spring into early summer.
- Poppies can be over one meter (3.3 feet) tall with flowers up to 15 centimeters (6 inches) across.
- Poppies have 4 to 6 petals, many stamens forming a conspicuous whorl in the center of the flower and an ovary of from 2 to many fused carpels. The petals are showy, may be of almost any color and some have markings. The petals are crumpled in the bud and as blooming finishes, the petals often lie flat before falling away.
The specs...product details
- 2) super bright LEDs, top and bottom
- 20 Lumens of powerful output
- Cool white light (like daylight)
- UV/fade resistant
- Rust proof
- No wiring needed
- Run-time:10 hrs
- Charge-time: 6 hrs
- AA rechargeable battery included (replaceable)
- Automatically turns on at dusk
18”H x 11.5"W
Final glowing thoughts....
Maybe you have a huge yard or garden to place these stunning blue poppy lights. But even if you have a pot or planter in an apartment, you can just as easily use and enjoy each one.
Stick one in an outdoor pot for daily viewing pleasure. Desert Steel solar lights are shorter than their torches.
Lower is preferable, especially when illuminating a pathway because it keeps the light on the ground~ exactly where I want it.
I'm guilty of leaving some of my pots outside all winter because they are too heavy to lug in the garage. By placing a solar light in a pot, it makes them seem a little less sad during the bleak winter months when all my plants have died.
It also naturally illuminates my driveway up the sidewalk.
And you know just how bright and vibrant LED lighting is. But these solar lights are the brightest solar lights I've ever had!
So if you're feeling blue with all the chaos going on right now....perk yourself up with Desert Steel solar lights to brighten and cheer!