What's so special about this CLASSIC WÜSTHOF knife?
Here are the knife specs...
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel.
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control.
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- Tempered to 58⁰ Rockwell.
- Comfortable and highly-durable polyoxymethylene (POM) handle with a traditional look and feel, stickered with our red Trident logo. The (POM) handle has a tighter molecular structure to resist fading and discoloration.
- Full bolster and finger guard.
How I met WÜSTHOF
Did you know? In home kitchens, 52% of fruits and vegetables get wasted because they're perishable and are not convenient to prep or cook! Let's change that with WÜSTHOF!
Why are good knives critical for cutting success?
So I'd hack away at my produce, nicking my poor fingers in the process. My new CLASSIC WÜSTHOF knife is wonderful, just as I expected it would be. It slices through my fruits and veggies like a dream and helps me attain that ten a day quota.
Foods I've happily chopped with my WÜSTHOF
- Winter squash
- Sweet potatoes
~Ever notice that some foods are more difficult than others to chop? And you dread cutting them with that dull and crappy knife of yours? In fact, you dread just thinking about cutting them. So rather than face that pineapple you let it rot on the countertop. It finally gets chucked in the compost bin. What a waste! With WÜSTHOF that problem is gone today. This knife will motivate you to get the job done!
- Treat your knives well. Use them only for the purpose in which they were intended. Meaning, you don't use your bread knife to carve your turkey, or worse, as scissors to remove the tape off your latest Amazon arrival. (While we're on the topic of Amazon, they are NOT an authorized dealer for WÜSTHOF so avoid purchasing this product from them.)
- Always use your knives on a firm surface such as a wooden, bamboo, or polyethylene cutting board.
- Wash your knives immediately each and every time after use with dishwashing soap. Then dry thoroughly with a lint-free cloth before storing. (They say on their website that their knives can be put in the dishwasher...but I've never been able to do it.)
- Speaking of storing, I have both a knife block and the magnetic holder. I love love love the space saving magnetic holder, wow, it makes life simpler.
- Knives need to be sharpened. I purchased a hand-held WÜSTHOF sharpener when I bought the 2-piece classic and paring set. Every 2-3 years, I take my knives to a professional to have them sharpened. This keeps them in pristine condition.
My last epiphany...
But once I tried a WÜSTHOF knife, I've never been tempted in the past ten years to try or use any other brand of knife. And why would I be? They work like a dream and make my life easier. This is why I'm so loyal. You might have guessed by now that I come from a long line of WÜSTHOF fans. Would you believe me if I told you how many WÜSTHOF knives my mom owns? Probably not!
One chefs knife from CLASSIC WÜSTHOF valued at $170! ((8" Vegetable Knife - 4563-7/20)
- To enter, like the Raise Your Garden Facebook page and share this post or sign up for our newsletter. For two entries, do both. Let us know that you have entered by telling us anything about your food prep routine!
- SOMETHING NEW FOR SPRING! YOU CAN EARN ONE ENTRY PER DAY JUST BY SHARING THIS POST! Let us know how many times you shared! Thanks.
- Official Giveaway Rules